Ryan Star - 11:59

Friday, December 31, 2010

Remember the day, cause this is what dreams should always be.

So in just a few short hours, we'll be ringing in the New Year.

I think it's safe to say that 2010 will be pretty hard to top. At least for me, personally.

If you would have told me a year ago that:

  • Music would become an integral part of my life again;
  • I would experience that amazing music, live;
  • I would be meeting (some of) my heroes, those who created the music that changed my life;
  • I would be meeting my ULTIMATE hero, Ryan Star, who not only changed my life with his music, but managed to restore my faith in people, something that I'd lost long ago;
  • I would plan a mini-road trip to see My Ultimate Hero with my most favorite concert buddy. This being especially hard to believe when I struggle to find someone to drive me 25 minutes to a concert;
and last but most certainly not least,

  • I would "meet" (in some cases actually meet) some of the sweetest, funniest, most understanding people in the world via some social networking site that I had initially REFUSED to join;

...had you told me ALL of that would happen in the course of a year (or so), well...I would have laughed in your face. I would have said: "That just doesn't happen. Life cannot be that good."

And had you known me a year or so ago, you wouldn't have been surprised by my less than positive attitude.

But that's another thing that has changed. My outlook on life is...different now. Before, I couldn't care less about much. I didn't have a passion. That ONE thing that I was willing to work my ass off for.

I didn't have the drive to carry out ideas. "It'll never work out" I would say.

Little did I know that with just a little bit of help from lovely, supportive friends ... I can pretty much do anything. If you're reading this, you ARE in that category of lovely, supportive friends. Unless of course you accidentally stumbled across this blog, in which case...uh, let's be friends. :D

So what IS my passion? Remember those heroes I mentioned above? Well, my mission is to make sure that their hard work gets noticed. I'm determined to continue spreading the word about the music that has made my life worthwhile. I'll plug their music on Twitter and Facebook, I'll buy multiple copies of their CD's to give away, I'll invite people to their shows, I'll talk my friends' ears off about them, I'll threaten my friends into listening to the music. There isn't much I'm not willing to do. I mean, as long as it's legal. And even that's negotiable. Just kidding...just in case someone from law enforcement is reading this. Ahem...moving on.

As far as friends go, I'm starting to learn just how much I can trust people. I never went with that gut feeling. I've always felt it. Never listened. I would trust people too much, too soon. That always backfired. So I started to LOSE trust in those who were in my life. People who'd never done a thing to prove they were less than loyal. I've made the mistake of making people bend over backwards to prove to me they could be trusted. That doesn't work either. I started becoming the type of person I despised. I'm still cautious of course... kind of have to be. Just not to the point of paranoia.

Had that not changed, none of you would be in my life right now. And quite honestly, right now...at this very moment, I can't imagine my life without you. You all have been, everything. I'm grateful to you all for everything from you letting me vent, to the stories, inside jokes, mutual love for hot rockstars...uh I mean, music. The prayers and positive vibes I received from you all have been life saving. You all have gotten me through things I KNOW you weren't even aware of. Some pretty heavy things that I never talked about. With anyone. When I asked for prayers, no one questioned me and only said "of course". I'll forever be indebted to you for that.

So before I start sobbing to the point where I can no longer see the screen, I'll close this thing.

To all my rockstars, friends and anyone who made 2010 the best year of my entire existence: I love you. Thank you for the happiness and support you provided.

To the year 2011: I know it'll be hard, but get your shit together and kick 2010's ass! I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment